Game set up was "City defender" we only had 6 people and I set the scenario up with 16 people in mind, but considering I've never seen that many people in a btech game 6 was good. Defenders set up behind the wall (obviously) while the marauding attackers had to blast their way in and destroy 4 of the 6 buildings.
Defender's side
Attackers approach through the hilly, forested, watery landscape
The first few turns were pretty light on action. The attackers used their long range weapons to whittle away at the wall's massive 150 hit points, while the defenders closed and became ready to seal the breach if needed.
After firing all he had one player decided that the heat was just too much to take and took his mech for a dip in the 'ol swimming hole.
"Anyone seen a wall around here?" "Coulda sworn it was here just a minute ago." After just 3 turns the attackers breached the front section of the wall. The fight was on.
One of the highlights of the night. The mech in the water for the purposes of the game only has it's top half showing. The mech behind it connected with a kick to the head, nearly decapitating it. The only problem is the mech behind fell down afterward and pushed the other mech forward taking damage and submerging its self. That set up this. The first mech, turns around and returns the favor. Kicking the downed mech in the head, killing the mech and the pilot. In all my years I've never seen a mech kick underwater ( the one laying down is completely underwater while the other one has it's legs underwater) This is probably going to be the moment we all talk about (every game has one, I have a ton of them).
In the end though I had to call the game on account of it being 1030 and I had an hour drive ahead of me and work the next morning. The stalwart defenders held and the attackers managed only one building kill. In the end only one mech died, though how mine didn't I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment