The night started off normal enough, as if anything in this town could be considered normal. Why the council had sent him here he still couldn't figure out, but they usually had their own reasons for everything and after all he was just a weapon, an arrow to be fired and destroy the target he was aimed at. He headed off to the Hedge Row to meet up with Reece the PI he'd been working with on the local disappearances. Meeting with the man always made him a little uneasy seeing how Reece wasn't exactly a member of the human race, or a member of the living either. He was surprisingly friendly for a vampire and that helped take a little bit of the edge off. Unfortunately their investigation had dead ended again. Calin had went to the public works department to see if any info could be gleaned from the building plans of the building over the area where they found TK's body. The clerk was all to willing to help stating that they had the blueprints I wanted, but there was no current owner listed and that it was basically condemned. Then she dropped the real bomb. The building had mysteriously burnt down just a week prior and nothing was left but rubble. Calin relayed all this info to Reece and they decided that whoever this was had decided to lay real low and that now it was just a waiting game.
Calin then returned back to the Cemetery house to start working on translating the journal he had secured form the sewer. Although he now knew the Latin words he still could not break the context used in it. So, finally after 7 weeks of working on it, he relented and called one of his fellow mages, Memento, to see if he had any contacts that could translate Latin. As it turned out, he was actually in the park talking to one right then. Securing the journal Calin proceeded to the park to meet up with the group. Upon arriving he found Memento, Axel Axel, Mary Ann, and Avere all talking about something. He gave the book to Mary Ann to start the translation. After working on it for a while she gave him back some pretty interesting and disturbing info. This person was trying to join together "heaven and hell" and bring about some sort of war. Before the ramifications of that could truly set in, Memento received a phone call asking him to come to the trailer park immediately. Turns out David (one of the shimmer strikes) saw his sisters' ghosts walking about and needed him to find out why they died. The entire group broke and headed over there. When we got there the pack were all there to help David. Memento cloaked the bodies in shadow and took them back to Ed's house to do further examination. He eventually was able to determine that they were killed by member of a Pure pack (the exact details weren't discussed in front of me) Heatbroken at his loss, David began wondering of the fate of the souls of his siblings and if there truly was a Heaven. I assured him that indeed there was and that I had actually been there. The time for mourning was short however as Ed took off in a blaze of speed unlike anything I had ever seen before and the rest of the pack took off not long after that.
I took off for the house again seeing that there was nothing more I could do at Ed's. I drove by the Hedge Row and saw Avere, Terrence, and Coyote Joe running inside. The inquisitive nature in me took over and I decided to see if something was wrong. I entered the bar to quite the scene. Terrence was there talking to Wacco in a most unfriendly manner. The next thing I know he's swinging a large wrench at his head. Patrons of the bar are diving trying to get out of the way while a couple of others are trying to call 911. I'm not sure what's going on, but I know that if the cops show up it won't be good, so I reach out into the frequency, and intercept the calls and redirect the police to another part of town. Meanwhile Avere has gotten in on the brawl and picked up the wrench Terrence had just dropped when he grappled Wacco and took a swing herself. This is the first time I've seen Avere do anything in a hostile manner and it becomes quite clear something is very, very wrong. I ask Avere just what is going on and she yells "HE TOOK HER, HE TOOK EILE BACK!" Seeing all the people around and knowing that I could do nothing in front of all them I suggest Terrence, who still has Wacco grappled, take him somewhere a little more discrete. He agrees and we all go into the kitchen. Wacco whispers something to Terrence that I didn't quite catch and Terrence grabs for this collar that no one had noticed till now. After several attempts to remove it, Avere produces a unicorn horn (how the hell she got that I have no idea) to try and cut it off. The effect was not what she was hoping. The collar produced spikes that latched onto Terrence's hand. I began scrying the item with my supernal vision and saw no latches or other ways to remove it. Avere tries again to cut the collar this time holding a mundane knife and the horn together. To my shock the spikes retracted and a small hole began to form around Wacco's neck. It first sucked the collar in, then started pulling Wacco and Terrance through. Yelling and screaming, Avere convinced Terrence to let go just before he would have been pulled through.
Just as everyone was settling down from all the action, we hear a bashing sound upstairs and rush up to see what it was. We see Axel Axel (who had slipped off during the commotion) trying to kick in the door to the upstairs workshop. We arrived just in time to see him succeed, be grabbed by something, and the door slam shut again. Seems this is just going to be the night of a thousand horrors. Terrance bashes the door open and...nothing. No evidence of Axel anywhere. I examine the room and find that it's glowing with energy but without being hooked up to the power grid(out of character, I'm the first person to figure out there's a ley line powering the workshop) I know that it could only be being powered by a ley line and suddenly this place just became a lot more interesting to me. Meanwhile, the pack has showed up from whatever trouble they were in and let us know they are here to help. Plans began being kicked around about how to get Eile back from the hedge.
OOC: This is where we stopped for the night. I have to say this is the most fun I've had being in this game. Now comes the big decision for my character of whether or not to follow everyone into the hedge. He has some background on the creatures there and is kinda scared about what they could do with him if he was captured. So it's gonna provide a lot of fodder for role playing. Do I help out and risk myself or give in to my fear and back out on my friends, have to wait till next Saturday to find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment