6 weeks down and only 2 to go. Had my quickest match to date. Played against one of the Blood Angels players at the Gopher. I was a little worried at first because BA's tear me up usually, we rolled for mission and I got "Hold Fast" which meant I had to hold my two objectives as my primary and my secondary was have more of my units in my deployment zone then he did. My opponent rolled and got the same exact thing. Wow. So basically neither of us were going anywhere because to move anything would cost us our primary and nothing short of an all out assault with the entire list would get us off the objectives. Looking at how the board was set up I could keep both units of wraithguard in Fortune range AND keep both objectives and still have the Wraithlords to sit back and take pot shots. My opponent did have some mobility options, but anything he brought over would pretty much die the next turn, thus costing him and I the match causing a draw. After talking it over for about 10 minutes we just decided to call the whole thing a draw and never fire a shot. It was either this or play what would have been the most boring game of 40k ever. Turn 1-5 Player 1: I'm not moving, your turn, Player 2: I'm not moving, your turn. Yeah, not fun. So we played a second game outside of league just because. That one was interesting and it's sad that I can't remember everything but here are some of the highlights (well, at least for me)
2 Warwalkers tied up an assault squad for 3 or 4 assault rounds
A ramming wave serpent blew up a rhino and was its self destroyed by the return hit
My Autarch bravely stood in front of a land raider (I shoulda got a pic of this it was really cool looking) and immobilized it with his fusion gun.
2 10 man squads of Dire Avengers blade stormed a 5 man Tac squad
This Saturday is the 1500 point tourney. I'm hoping to actually win a game this time around as last tourney I was in I didn't win a single game. I'll post up a tourney report over the weekend when I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment