Friday, February 18, 2011

40k Tournament

Tomorrow is the 40 tourney at the Gopher to celebrate the end of the league (only due to scheduling conflicts it's not the actual end of the league). I've got my list finalized and low and behold I'm short on points again. 22 points to be exact. Now, if you know anything about the Eldar codex, you know 22 points buys you a whole lotta nothing. I can buy stuff, just not anything real effective and I can only buy one so it kinda throws the balance off that I've got going on.


Here's what I have so far:

HQ - Autarch w/ fusion gun, power weapon, mandiblasters

Elites - Firedragons x5
            Wave Serpent w/ TL Shuri. Cannon, spirit stones

           Firedragons x5
           Wave Serpent w/ TL Shuri. Cannon, spirit stones

Troops - Dire Avengers x7
              Exarch w/ Dual Shrui Catapults, Bladestorm
              Wave Serpent w/ TL Shuri. Cannon, spirit stones

              Dire Avengers x7
              Exarch w/ Dual Shrui Catapults, Bladestorm
              Wave Serpent w/ TL Shuri. Cannon, spirit stones

              Dire Avengers x7
              Exarch w/ Dual Shrui Catapults, Bladestorm
              Wave Serpent w/ TL Shuri. Cannon, spirit stones

Heavy Support - Warwalker x2 w/ 2x Star Cannon  

                          Warwalker x2 w/ 2x Star Cannon

That brings me to 1478 points. Here's what I could do with the extra 22 points.

Option 1: Upgrade one firedragon to exarch and give him crack shot or give him a dragons breath flamer and crack shot which doesn't do any good. Keeping his fusion gun and giving him crack shot let's me annoy the hell out of smoked vehicles and fast movers. But like I said I only have enough points for one, but this is so far my best option. It still leaves me 5 points short.

Option 2: Upgrade one Wave serpent turret gun to scatter laser. This option I'm not too thrilled about since one scatter laser isn't going to make that much of a difference. Leaves me 7 points short.

Option 3: Upgrade the secondary weapon on two wave serpents to a Shrui cannon. This sounds useful but considering half the time I have to turn around to dump troops out or I move 12" in a turn, then this gun is useless. It could be useful on the two serpents the dragons are in so that I can crack open a transport with them and have 6 str 6 shots, if I haven't moved 12 or turned around to assure melta range. Leaves me 2 points short.

That's all I can think of. I'm leaning toward the firedragon exarch and crack shot because it would make that unit very effective against smoked vehicles or any other cover save they have.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment