Wednesday, February 9, 2011

40k batrep week 5 (game 4)

Ok, got snowed in last week and couldn't play the second game at 1000pts so this is technically week 5 of the league but only game 4 for me. I took the 1250 list I posted about earlier. My opponent was AGG's resident  Dark Eldar player. I knew going in that if I played him, I should make another list instead of the one I had. Guardian spam with war walker back up seems to be effective against DE. But, the time came, he got chosen as my opponent and I said "Eh, to hell with it" and played my wraith list anyway. It was going to be interesting. He had massed volume of fire but I had re-rollable saves IF I got first turn. I didn't. I'll spare you the whole battle report cause it's kinda boring. Pretty much, first turn he took out half a wraithguard squad and all I killed in return was one Ravager. Yeah, it was pretty much that one sided the whole game. The only highlight for me was watching his Haemonculus and squad of Wracks charge into a full 10 man (11 with the warlock) with their feel no pain and furious charge and do nothing. I took no wounds from that at all. I returned and killed three only to have two get back up, he lost combat by one and promptly ran away. Next turn I shot all I had and made the entire squad dissappear putting an insta-kill on his Haemonculus with a wraith gun. That's pretty much it. I gave him the massacre at the end of turn 4. Oh, well. Lesson learned. Next week I plan on throwing my "Wraith of the Ancients" at someone again, hey, it's gotta work one of these times right?

No comments:

Post a Comment