Got ask by my good friend
Loq to build her Storm Raven for her. I took it as an honor since I will probably never be able to buy one myself (no real reason to). After reading some stuff online it appeared a daunting task. Everything from it being a VERY hard model to assemble to taking a whole bottle of glue to assemble. None of the rumors were true. I had very little trouble putting the thing together, and barely used a quarter of a bottle of glue. It did take a long time to assemble. I worked on it about 9 hours total which is more than I've ever put into assembly on one model. That did include though the magnetization of the wings, the turret and the weapons and the drilling out of the heavy bolters up front and the assault cannon. Priming however did take an entire can and I still could have used a little more, so keep that in mind if you build one. Pics are after the break. The only thing I haven't done is the doors cause I'm still waiting on a response from Loq on how she wants them, it is her model after all.

Front view
Close up of assault cannons. Drilled them out a little to give a bit of depth
Heavy Bolter close up. Same thing here. Drilled just to add a little realism.
Side and Rear
Attempt at a dramatic shot
Anyway. Had a lot of fun putting this together. Hope ya enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment