Saturday, March 12, 2011
The Slow Grind of Time
Made a trip back to my southern Illinois home this weekend to see the family and got kind of a shock. When I grew up down here I got to listen to one of the best rock stations I've ever heard on the radio period. I've always listened to it every trip back down here even though I have satellite radio in the car, I still switch over to Rock 105.1 WTAO. Till this trip. I haven't been as vigilant listening as I first was and when I turned the station on, I didn't hear Godsmack, Metallica, or Slipknot blasting the speakers. No, what I heard instead was top 40 pop music. You know Lady Gaga and the like. I was sick, one of my favorite stations of all time, a bastion of hard rock had fallen. I don't know what happened, if they sold to a new company or just decided to change formats, but the effect was still the same. I'm starting to believe the phrase "you can't go home again" time just keeps marching along and changing everything in it's wake.
Labels:
non-gaming,
personal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment