Thursday, March 31, 2011
Austin TX: An Awakened Perspective Session 6
Session 6 of the world of darkness game involved the majority of the players passing through the hedge and trying to rescue Eile. This happened outside of my characters realm of knowledge and can be read about here. To be honest I'm quite glad my character wasn't involved as I had reservations about taking him into the hedge and playing the character he would have had reservations about it as well. Add in the fact that I had to leave the game early due to working the next day and you can tell it wouldn't have ended well. So, Calin was totally absent from the actual game that night. What I did do is sit down with one of the assistant ST's and hash out some character details and background stuff. This was a pretty good talk for me as it led me to change my character concept around. I originally had Calin as a defender of the weak and poor kind of a Robin Hood without the theft type character, but after answering some questions I began to get a different view of him. My revised concept is that he functions as part of the Internal Affairs Department of the Adamantine Arrows. He is a "fixer" of sorts. Finding the problems in cabals and setting them right again. This view explains away some of the things I was having difficulty with such as why he didn't really have any close companions and why he wasn't in a formal cabal himself. He IS in a cabal but it is more of a loose affialation of the "lone wolves" of the Arrows called the "Arrows Fletching" for those of you who don't know, the fletching of an arrow is the feathers at the back of an arrow that give it stability and make it fly straight. In other words the guides for the arrows. Which is exactly what I imagine my character doing. He's there to correct the mistakes by whatever means and set the cabal flying straight again.
Labels:
character profile,
WoD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment