Monday, December 14, 2015
And My Axe!
Finished up work on my Troll Axer. Looking at his stats he's a pretty decent light warbeast. I'm not sure if he'll fit into any of my lists outside of the battlebox for the journeyman league. That made him a pretty good test bed for how I want my armored guys to look. I'm still not happy with the way the leather turned out and I think I may have over done the rust effect on the armor. All in all though he looks pretty good. I got to shade and work out some more highlights on the skin and I really like where this army is headed. My lord the detail though. Coming from Convergence to these guys is night and day. I can hammer out a heavy Convergence Vector in a couple of hours. This guy took the better part of 6 hours. That's a ton of time for me. Given that I'm going to be doing even larger models and units as well, this is going to be a huge time investment.
Labels:
painting,
warmachine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
where the pics at yo?
ReplyDeleteyou just gonna run troll ARM skew list like everyone else?
Elemental Calandra list like the rest of everyone else?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAxer is a good light beast. I face one all the time. Rush is a golden animus for threat and thresher is great for bunches or to keep from bunching. A no nonsense beast.
ReplyDeleteIf i ran trolls I would never leave without an axer.
Look to the pyre troll as well. continuous fire is a huge pain to deal with (sans Menoth and very few others). Plus another great buff animus on him too.
Pics should be up now. Some kind of security setting is messed up and I'm going to have to redo a few posts. Thanks for the heads up.
ReplyDeleteAs for my lists, yeah, I'm gonna go for the Calandra EE tier cheesy as it may be. I'm also working on a rather unconventional Gunnbjorn list just because he looks cool and the Dozer and Smigg model is amazing looking.
Calandra! Booo!
ReplyDeleteGet off the bandwagon!
But it's nice and comfy up here, plus there are snacks.
DeleteDozer looks great, not accurate at all, but the big troll Swede can help him a bit.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Gunbjorn. His feat is pretty meh! and he makes all the Khador-esqe troll RAT a little bit better.
If only Explosivo worked on multiple shots from the same model. Then Highwaymen and him would be amazing!
Still good to see a potential troll build that is not typical ARM skew or Clandra Elemental Teir 3.
I'm going to try using him with the War Wagon and some Croak Raiders. We'll see how it goes.
DeleteLike to croak raiders. I have been pondering them as well.
Deletefire and frogs look really fun on paper.
the war wagon huh? that is some outside the box fun thinking! that thing gets about as much use as the mountain king.
Yeah, it seems to work well with Dozer's animus. With the new tourney season taking Calandra out of ADR, there may just be more Gunnbjorn lists out there.
Delete