Gonna take a moment out of painting and such to talk about my other favorite thing to do. No, not that. Get your head out of the gutter. I'm talking about TV.
I recently just started watching "Game of Thrones" (yes I'm a little behind, but I'm poor and can't afford HBO) and I have to agree with everything I've heard about the show. It is absolutely gold. My wife and I both love it. I kinda wish now though, that I hadn't always approached it with the attitude that I would never see it, and so I never really stayed away from the copious amounts of info that are on the interwebs. As such, I know just about every major plot point that's going to happen in the seasons coming up. The fact that I know all that and STILL want to see it says a lot for the show.
In other TV news, the new Doctor Who series 8 started last Saturday and was it ever a doozey. This is the first episode for Peter Capaldi taking over the reins from Matt Smith. It was altogether frantic and very confusing and that was exactly the point. We're suppose to be in the companions shoes in a way and in this episode we're made to feel the same way she is and to almost the same degree, the way the Doctor is feeling. This regeneration seems more breaking to him than the others. It takes him longer to pull himself together (I'm still not sure he's together by the end) than I've seen before. I'm not sure where this season is going to take us but I get the feeling it will involve war of some sort. There were several over the top references to how his new face seems angry, furious (especially his eyebrows) and more frowney. Since you can't really discount anything said in a Moffet run episode, my guess is this Doctor is going to have to go to several dark places and he's going to need those qualities over time. I'm really looking forward to this new season.
Lastly on the TV front it's football season again! Hoping against hope that my Cowboys can do something with this season, but I doubt it. Their defense is even more sub-par than it was last year and the still have Tony Romo at QB. Until we can fix those two major issues "Americas Team" is just gonna struggle. We've been there before and come back from it, I'm sure we can do it again. Even if it is a terrible year though, we can always rest on the fact that we've won more superbowls than the Chicago Bears.
No comments:
Post a Comment